Founded in 1923 in the municipality of Rhode-Saint-Genèse, Royal Waterloo Golf Club took up residence in Ohain, in the municipality of Lasne, in 1961. At the time it comprised the prestigious La Marache course (also known as “A-B”) and two nine-hole courses known as “C” and “D”, all designed by the famous British course architect Fred Hawtree.

In the 1980s, the “C” course was renamed Le Bois-Héros, while the “D” course was remodelled and an additional nine-hole course (the “E”) added to it to create Le Lion.
Between 2003 and 2006, all the greens and bunkers on the legendary La Marache and Bois-Héros courses were redesigned and rebuilt by Martin Hawtree in line with USGA specifications.
The clubhouse was expanded and renovated in 2008.
As part of the club’s ongoing quest for excellence, Martin Hawtree remodelled Le Lion in 2014 and 2015.

In 2015, Martin Hawtree was awarded Honorary Membership of the Club for his contribution to the outstanding presentation of the courses.


Royal Waterloo Golf Club in
 Vincent Borremans's book
«Les Golfs Royaux de Belgique»

livre borremans icon
(Click image
to read the book)

 

clubhouse ancien